Our first child was born in October of 2010. Time is flying by and he is changing so much! This blog is dedicated to documenting all the special moments and milestones we share together as a family.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bean's First Christmas

Better late than never!  It is two months after Mr. Bean's first Christmas, but I want to blog about it, before I forget!  Maika was just over two months, so we decided not to travel.  Two years earlier we went to Ohio for Christmas and spent 36 hours at O'Hare airport.  My Dad ended up driving from Cincinnati to Chicago to pick us up.  We decided not to take our chances with a newborn.

Even though Maika had no idea what the season was all about, Christmas was more exciting than usual with a little one.  Before baby, we said we would only by our children a couple of gifts.  We had to eat our words, as we had to restrain ourselves from going out of control!  Mr. Bean got a "Sophie the Giraffe" teething toy, a children's world map (which I still need to get a frame for) car seat toys, clothes from Tata, um, actually, I don't remember everything...

Amel's sister came to visit.  She arrived on the 18th, if I remember correctly, and stayed for about 10 days.  It was nice to have some family around for Christmas.  Aida helped us finish decorating and clean up the house.  Mr. Bean had a fantastic time with his aunt.  Aida and Bean spent an evening together while Amel and I went on a date!  Our first and only since his birth.

On Christmas Eve, My friend Alicia (who I thought was terrific at the time, but have gotten to know and love her even more since), her husband Matt, and Maika's girlfriend - Linnea, came over to have an early dinner with us.  We made cevapi for them.  I think it was a success!  We really enjoyed the company.  Later that night, Aida and I made cookies and we exchanged one gift.  Amel and I have started a tradition of opening one gift on Christmas Eve.

Christmas morning, or more like Christmas early afternoon, we opened the rest of our gifts, then headed over to our good friends' Nadar and Diane's for dinner.  We had a great time, as usual!  It was a quiet Christmas at  home, but it was perfect!  Of course the best gift was the new addition to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment