Our first child was born in October of 2010. Time is flying by and he is changing so much! This blog is dedicated to documenting all the special moments and milestones we share together as a family.

Friday, February 25, 2011

House Cleaning Schedule

 Pre-baby you might say I was borderline obsessive/compulsive about housecleaning.  I took great pride in my pristine home!  Since our little man arrived, house cleaning has become almost non-existent.  For a borderline obsessive/compulsive, this is very frustrating!

For about a month, I had "create a cleaning schedule" written on my to do list.  One rare afternoon when Mr. Bean napped for more than 20 minutes, I created my cleaning schedule.  I listed everything around the house that  needed to be done.  Next, I determined how often these things needed doing.  Finally, I laid out a monthly cleaning rotation.  In order not to overwhelm myself and (hopefully) get the cleaning accomplished, I made my schedule in such a way that I only do one or two things a day, in addition to making dinner and cleaning the kitchen.Within the month, all major areas of our home will be clean and maybe I won't be embarrassed if someone drops by!  There are a few things not listed here that need to be done every couple months, every six months, and yearly.

(click on schedule for larger view)

While pregnant, I decided to start using natural cleaning products.  My favorite cleaning products are Method (so far) .  The Method tub n' tile cleaner works great.  I also like Method Good for Wood, and Granite Polish.  I tried a few different natural toilet bowl cleaners, but felt like my bathroom was smelly and went back to Clorox. I haven't tried Method's toilet bowl cleaner, as it is hard to find, but think I will order it online.

I have been using my cleaning schedule for two weeks.  Week one went well.  I am behind schedule on week two. I hope to catch up over the weekend, although this is a busy weekend.  This has also been a tough week for Mr. Bean who is cutting a tooth, refusing to nap, and totally melting down in the afternoon.  All in all, I feel good about the schedule and am going to try really hard to adhere to it!

1 comment:

  1. I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You.
    הרחקת יונים

    ReplyDelete