Our first child was born in October of 2010. Time is flying by and he is changing so much! This blog is dedicated to documenting all the special moments and milestones we share together as a family.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Mr. Bean turns Eight Months

My little Bean is 8 months today!  Honestly, when I say I have an eight month old, I can't believe it!  This has been the fastest eight months of my life.

The past two weeks, Mr. Bean has become more aware of his body.  He discovered his "male parts" and checks to make sure they are still there during diaper changes.  He also likes to pat his chest.  Occasionally, he tickles his own belly and laughs, which cracks me up as well.  Mr. Bean is a character!

Mangoes and pears are Bean's favorite foods right now, as long as they are pureed very smooth.  He is not into chunks.  I am pretty sure he is teething, which has turned him into a crazy person! I see two white bumps on his upper gums. Bean has been very fussy and kind of aggressive (for him, at least). The amber teething necklace he is wearing doesn't seem to be helping much.  I am wondering if it is a fake? I bought some homeopathic teething gel today.  We will see if that helps. Last night he was reaching for a roll of paper towels.  I gave him one and he ripped it to shreds.  Watching him reminded me of a cat on catnip! Hehe.

It has been taking a long time to get him to sleep the last couple days.  I have decided it is really not worth wasting energy complaining or being upset about my lack of sleep.  Bean will sleep through the night someday and I will miss this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment