Our first child was born in October of 2010. Time is flying by and he is changing so much! This blog is dedicated to documenting all the special moments and milestones we share together as a family.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

LA Trip

Last month, Mr. Bean and I had the opportunity to travel to LA to visit our friends and for mama to go to the Juanes concert! It was a quick trip, but a lot of fun.  We stayed with our dear friends Nela, Brian, and baby Liam.  Merima (Nela's sister) was also able to come for the weekend.  Bean and I flew to LA Saturday morning.  When we arrived at the airport, I had trouble checking in.  Turns out I had made my departing reservation for the month before!  Luckily, I was flying Southwest and they switched my reservation free of charge to the day I had actually planned on leaving.  Who says mommy brain isn't real?! We spent Saturday hanging out and had dinner at a local Italian restaurant.

The Juanes concert was Sunday evening. Brian and Nela's mom, Betty said they would watch the boys while Nela and I and her friend Chun (sorry Chun if I am spelling your name incorrectly) had a much needed girls night out at the concert. I was worried about leaving Mr. Bean for the evening.  I knew I was leaving him in very competent hands, but was afraid he would scream his head off all night.  I didn't think this would be very enjoyable for Brian, Betty, or Maika.

Despite the churning in my stomach, Nela, Chun and I left for the concert.  We were early and decided to have some appetizers and vino at a wine bar near the Staples Center. I was beginning to worry a little less after chit chatting with the girls and a couple glasses of wine!  Before walking over to the concert, we called to check on the babies.  Brian reported that Betty had put Mr. Bean to sleep and he was sleeping peacefully! I am telling you, those Bosnian grandmas have some magical powers!

The concert was amazing.  Juanes was fabulous and his music was very uplifting.  I must admit, I felt great, getting dressed up and having a night on the town with the girls!

Unfortunately, Merima had to leave on Sunday.  Nela and I spent Monday together, taking a walk in beautiful, sunny LA and having lunch.  It was a fantastic trip!





No comments:

Post a Comment