Our first child was born in October of 2010. Time is flying by and he is changing so much! This blog is dedicated to documenting all the special moments and milestones we share together as a family.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bean's First Thanksgiving

So, I am still catching up, since I am starting this blog three months after the birth of our amazing son. I have it on my calendar to blog at least twice a month. Maybe I will be able to do more eventually!

Amel, Mr. Bean, and I spent Thanksgiving at home this year. Maika was only about six weeks old at Thanksgiving. We thought it would be nice to have an intimate Thanksgiving dinner. I searched for a "tiny turkey." The smallest I could find was just under ten pounds. Amel took care of Mr. Bean, while I prepared our feast. I tried a recipe for a turkey in a bag using rosemary and various other herbs and spices, along with onions and apples. We also had green bean casserole, homemade cranberry salad (I love the recipe I have for this) and mashed potatoes. Everything turned out well. The turkey was fairly moist and tasty, although not the best turkey I have ever tasted. Maybe next year I will try putting the turkey in brine (or does one say brining the turkey?) Currently, I am looking into "Restaurant Recipes at Home". They look interesting and yummy!

Our neighbors across the street invited us over for dessert. We really enjoyed our family dinner, but it was also nice to get out and socialize a little. My mom bought a Thanksgiving outfit for Maika, but it was short lived. He had a blow out and didn't get to wear it to the neighbors. Actually, they wouldn't have seen it anyway, as he was alseep in the Moby Wrap the whole time :)

We really had a lot to be thankful for this year; each other, our new healthy and happy baby, a good job, our peaceful home, I could go on and on... I am glad I am writing these memories down!

No comments:

Post a Comment